Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Quoi?! (That's french for...What?!)

I know. French. Fancy. Try not to be jealous.

Anywhoo, I just thought I'd take this moment to let everyone in the blogger world know that my life is so ridiculously blessed that sometimes it makes me a little nauseated. Let me lay this down for you:

For the past few weeks, I have been a basket case. (Frequently I am a basket case, but for the past few weeks I have been showing extra extreme symptoms of basket case..ness.) The top two reasons were thusly:

1. We are moving to Bakersfield in less than two weeks. This has turned me into a hot mess of stress for the following reasons:
a) We are quitting a job and moving to a place where we have no job.
b) We are leaving my full medicare coverage just in time for me to start my bi-weekly pregnancy check-ups. This means that I now have to (QUICKLY) re-apply for Medi-Cal which is both tedious and complicated since we don't live there yet and the baby is supposed to come a mere 8 weeks after we arrive.
c) We are moving in with my parents only to have to turn around and find and move into an apartment and get semi-settled before the baby makes his grand entrance into the world.
d) We can't afford a moving truck. We have many possessions. This presents a problem.

2. For some reason that I could not figure out for the life of me, we somehow didn't have rent money this month.

For every main stress listed, there are sub-categorical stresses and for every sub-categorical stress, there are several branch-off stresses. But this blog entry is not about all the various stresses, it's about the miracles that have occurred and about the blessings that we've received despite completely not deserving them AND not being the most faithful ever about these various stresses.

Though not all of the sub-categories of stresses for stress number 1 have been solved, the biggest one seems to be almost solved because Shem just received a call about an interview for a position that we know he can get. It's not the most ideal situation for us, but it is something and at the very least, it will enable us to survive while he continues to look for his 'dream' job. Not only did he get an interview, but it just so happens that the interview is scheduled for Friday...which just so happens to be one of the days that we will be in Bakersfield. Quoi?! Miracle. MIRACLE.

The second miracle has to do with a long-forgotten check from my days at The Parlor. Short story...ready? So. The Parlor had a closing night party on April 30th which my husband and I attended in order to say our final goodbyes to the beloved pizza joint which was owned by my lovely cousin, Marie and which I had worked at until my morning sickness became unmanageable and my days were spent with my head in the toilet instead of flipping pizza dough and listening to music with Marie. Sad day. ANYWHOO...so at this closing night party, Marie handed me an envelope and said, "Look what I found!" It was a long-lost check of mine that I'd somehow not picked up. I heard a little voice in my head say, "This is going to be a miraculous check somehow," But I kind of dismissed the thought by thinking, "YEAH it is. We always need money." Foolish me...I had NO idea what kind of a miraculous check this was going to be.

For various reasons, I kept forgetting to cash that check. By the time I finally remembered, I actually was needing to wait to cash it for an entirely different reason and so the check stayed un-cashed in my purse for weeks. Then, this month, I got the green light to cash it and that's when the miracle really hit me: If I had been able to cash that check right away, it would have been spent by this point in time. Because we had to hold onto it, we have miraculously scraped the last few dollars we needed to be able to send out our final rent check. QUOI?!

How is the Lord this good to us?? It's absolutely miraculous. And the thing is...I've been such a whiner about things recently. My prayers have actually been kind of ornery... "Heavenly Father, we're paying our tithing...why can we not afford rent this month??" As though He somehow owes me anything...sheesh...ungrateful child. But the thing is, after I'd pray I would always get this sense of comfort. I knew that because we were faithfully paying our tithing even though we really can't afford it, we would be blessed to be able to keep up with our other financial obligations, even though we really can't afford those. And sure enough, the Lord had been providing for us months before we even knew we'd be in trouble.

Things like this make me realize that I really don't need to worry. "All things are continually before me". He sees the future and the past and the present more clearly than I can and He knows what we need currently, what we'll need later and He often provides for us before we even know we need providing for. What a loving Father in Heaven! I can't believe how blessed we truly are.

So, even though a LOT of those categories are still flashing stressful, red danger lights in my head, I am so comforted and so at peace and I know that the Lord will provide for us.

MIRACLES!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you! We have been experiencing many similar miracles (need money, need jobs, need an apartment, need money...). I have been a stress case since like October of last year, and this last few months Heavenly Father has just been reminding me again and again that He loves us and has everything under control. It's just so hard not to worry when you don't know what's going to happen!!! Ay! I need to be more trusting and patient. Anyway, I'm so happy that things are working out for you guys! I am sooooo excited that you're moving back to Bakersfield! SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Wow. Wow. WOW! When you get to Bakersfield, PLEASE let me know if you need any help what-so-ever. I am just working on this online class and applying for jobs. I would LOVE to help you move, or go apartment hunting, or just bring you grapes while you lie on a raft in the pool. Seriously. :)

    I love you, Alicia Bean Hawks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU! You are such a great example! Can't wait to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete