Friday, May 27, 2011

My Love for Air Conditioning is Boarding on the Inappropriate



My internal temperature has risen significantly. I LOVE that it's been cool here for the last week or so because our heater is broken and so the inside of our house is delightfully chilly. They're not kidding around when they say pregnant women get hot flashes. They strike at the most inconvenient times. (i.e. when it's completely inappropriate to strip your shirt off. Grocery shopping, sitting in church, sitting in a movie theater, etc.) Anywhoo...it basically makes you feel like you want to jump out of your skin and if you're unable to do so, you will slowly burn to death in the raging inferno that is your body. And with that pleasant thought, I'd now like to turn the time over to a completely unrelated photo:






So, about 900 weeks ago, we went to Thanksgiving point to meet my grandparents, Aunt, Uncle and cousin who were visiting. It was the most beautiful day in all the land. The tulips were taller than some toddlers I know. It was amazing. Believe it or not, I'm actually much larger now than I was when this picture was taken. Holy guacamole. Also, dig my husband's faux-hawk. Word.


(Interesting side note: "Faux" is one of my very favorite words in the English language. Savor that knowledge, ladies and gentlemen. Savor it.)


I don't know why I'm even publishing this post. It is the unfortunate love child of my boredom, my inexpressible exhaustion and the convenient location of the 'publish post' button. Forgive me for this, blogger world. I promise more compelling works are forthcoming.




2 comments:

  1. Your little swollen belly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you enjoyed the outside of the Tulip Festival, you should go INSIDE! Yes, it's expensive, but it's also TOTALLY WORTH IT! Ok, rant done. You're adorable and I love you.

    ReplyDelete